A few rules….
Below are our Terms & Conditions. Please bear in mind that booking a walk, experience or event with us signifies that you agree to the following:
Health & Safety
- There will always be a short safety briefing at the start, anyone not adhering to the information provided in this briefing or during the walk will be asked to leave the walk without compensation.
- Children must be accompanied by and share an alpaca lead with an adult. We remind families that although our alpacas are very gentle, friendly creatures, as with all animals they can be unpredictable and children must follow our safety briefing at the beginning of the walk.
- A risk assessment has been undertaken for each experience and is available on asking.
- All our experiences are supervised by a suitably trained person, guests are not permitted to take the animals unaccompanied or leave the group with an animal.
- Hand washing facilities are provided. Those who accompany children have responsibility to ensure that adequate hand washing takes place.
- Please wear closed toe sturdy shoes (or wellies in the wetter months). Sandals are not suitable due to the long grass, nettles e.t.c. We will still walk in rain so please bring waterproofs if necessary and dress appropriately. We won’t be held responsible for any damage to shoes or clothing.
- All walks or experiences must be booked and paid for at the time of booking. Vouchers may be issued for gifts or if you are uncertain of the date you would like to visit.
- Experiences may be weather dependant and if the weather is particularly unsuitable for outdoor activities we will cancel the walk and offer an alternative date suitable to you. No refund will be given.
- There is a minimum of two alpaca walkers per experience. We currently have a maximum of four alpacas per walk. We take groups of up to eight people with up to two people taking turns to lead an alpaca.
- We offer experiences for larger groups where we will split the group into smaller walking sessions.
- Gift vouchers must be redeemed within 12 months of the purchase date or date specified on the voucher.
- We will always honour the voucher as long as a future date is booked within the 12 month period.
- During the experience we may take photos that will be published to our social media profiles and website, please let us know in advance if you do not want your photo taken or shared online.
- Cancellations made more than 48 hours before the start will be invited to reschedule the experience. All other cancellations cannot be rescheduled without re-booking and will not be subject to refund. Cancellations must take place in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We reserve the right to cancel if, due to the nature of the business, circumstances arise that are out of our control. We will request an email address and phone number from you on booking and will leave messages if there is a cancellation, please check these around the time of your experience as we will not be held responsible for you missing these. We will offer an alternative date suitable to you.
- We are unable to walk or attend events with the alpacas in very hot temperatures as their welfare is our first priority. We keep a close eye on the forecast and will let you know the day before if this is the case, we will of course reschedule the experience at the next suitable time.
- We take bookings for our alpaca wedding package all year round therefore it is important to note that we shear the alpacas in May/June, following this they are less fluffy than usual!
- We take a £100 non-refundable deposit which secures Little Orchard Alpacas for up to two hours on your wedding day.
- The remainder is due four weeks prior to the day. Once the full amount is paid no refunds will be given for cancellations from the booking party.
- We will have signs for hand washing and handling of the alpacas, we will also have a handler for each alpaca. We will not be held responsible for the actions of individuals not adhering to our advice. The safety and welfare of both the guests and alpacas is our priority.
- If we feel that we need to leave the wedding early for safety reasons no refund will be given.
- We provide everything we need for the day and will always leave the venue exactly as we found it. It is ideal if we can position the pen on an area of hard-standing (for clearing up purposes) but can set up in most locations.
- We will also need space to park and manoeuvre our alpaca trailer.
- We will always make sure you have the permission of the venue before confirming the booking. If your venue would like to have a chat to us directly we are more than happy to explain about our set up.
- We reserve the right to use any photographs or media from the wedding for promotional purposes.