Festive Alpaca Woodland Walk
This December join our fun and friendly alpacas for a unique woodland trekking experience, with a christmassy twist!
Enjoy exploring the woods with your alpaca, followed by more alpaca time in our Alpaca Barn Grotto with a hot choccy or mulled apple! Plus a Christmas Prezzie for every guest!
- We welcome you here to Little Orchard Alpacas and start the experience with an introduction to our herd and a safety briefing.
- After teaming up with your alpacas, we first take a short stroll through the 300 year old orchard, which with it’s gnarly trees and wild grass is home to an abundance of wildlife. This is a perfect chance to spend a bit of time getting to know your alpaca!
- We will then leave the orchard behind and take a short walk down the lane and enter Shute Hill Woods.
- We will explore the woodland footpaths and wind our way up to the highest point, The Beacon lookout point. From here there are sea views (on a good day!) down the Axe Valley and out to the coast at Seaton and Axmouth.
- After the walk we will finish back at the farm, where you can spend some more time with our other alpacas in our Alpaca Barn Grotto and enjoy a warming hot chocolate or mulled drink. (Other hot and cold drinks available)
- Each guest will also receive a Christmas Gift from us all here at Little Orchard Alpacas!
Alpaca Walkers – £40pp
Christmas Eve and Christmas Day – £60pp
This experience is for ages 14 and above only.
This is a group experience, however the maximum number of spaces on each walk is 6 – we like to keep our group sizes small and personal!
To enquire about larger group sizes or work Christmas parties please email email@example.com
Other Important Bits…
Whilst this walk is suitable for anyone who is reasonably fit, it is difficult in places, with hilly, rocky paths and narrow footpaths. It is not suitable for anyone with poor mobility or who relies on a walking aid.
Total length of walk is 2 miles and total walking time at a gentle pace, with breaks, is approx 80 minutes. The whole experience lasts about 2 and a half hours.
Throughout the year, but especially in the winter, the woodland footpaths can be extremely wet and muddy – please wear wellies or sturdy boots you don’t mind getting very dirty and bring waterproofs, we are unable to return to the car park once we set out on the walk. No flips flops, sandals or heels please!
A small backpack to carry water, a waterproof and any other personal belongings is recommended.
Please arrive a good ten minutes before the experience. We will start the safety briefing and walk at the given time and we are unable to wait for late arrivals.
The walk will still go ahead in light rain, however if it is very windy or heavy rain we may decide to postpone the walk for safety reasons. We will let you know the previous day if this is the case, by your given e-mail – please check this e-mail address up to 9pm on the evening prior to your booking. Please be aware that bookings are non-refundable and if we need to postpone for safety reasons you are able to choose another date to attend.
Please let us know in advance if you have any dietary requirements and we will do our best to accommodate them.
Please read our full Terms and Conditions before booking.