Festive Alpaca Woodland Walk
This December join our fun and friendly alpacas for a unique woodland trekking experience, with a christmassy twist!
Enjoy exploring the woods with your own alpaca; meet our alpaca mums and young; have a browse of our festive Christmas Shop, ‘The Alpaca Room’ whilst warming up with mulled drinks or hot choccy. Plus a Christmas Prezzie for every guest!
- We welcome you here to Little Orchard Alpacas and start the experience with an introduction to the alpacas!
- After teaming up with your alpacas, we first take a short stroll through the old apple orchard. This is a perfect chance to spend a bit of time getting to know your alpaca and how to walk with each other.
- We will then leave the orchard behind and take a short walk down the lane and enter Shute Hill Woods.
- We will explore the woodland footpaths, enjoy the woodland atmosphere and wind our way up to the highest point, The Beacon lookout point. From here there are sea views (on a good day!) down the Axe Valley and out to the coast at Seaton and Axmouth.
- This experience includes approximately an hour and a half of trekking with your alpacas, followed by plenty of time to get to know our alpacas mums and crias (babies) and to learn all about them.
- This is the perfect chance to learn all about these beautiful animals and how we look after them; feed them their favourite treats and take plenty of photos!
- After the walk there is time to warm up with some festive mulled drinks or hot choccy.
- Have a browse in our Christmas Shop, ‘The Alpaca Room’, where we have a beautiful selection of alpaca Christmas gifts and stocking fillers!
- All December guests to receive a little Christmas Gift as a thank you from us at Little Orchard Alpacas.
Alpaca Walkers (Ages 14 and over only) – £35pp
Christmas Eve and Christmas Day – £52.50pp
This is a group experience, however the maximum number of spaces on each walk is 6 – we like to keep our group sizes small and personal!
To enquire about larger private group sizes or work Christmas parties please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Important Bits…
Whilst this walk is suitable for anyone who is reasonably fit, it is difficult in places, with hilly, rocky paths and narrow footpaths. It is not suitable for anyone with poor mobility or who relies on a walking aid.
Total length of walk is 2 miles and total walking time at a gentle pace, with breaks, is approx 90 minutes. The whole experience lasts about 2 and a half hours.
Throughout the year, but especially in the winter, the woodland footpaths can be extremely wet and muddy – please wear wellies or sturdy boots you don’t mind getting very dirty and bring waterproofs, we are unable to return to the car park once we set out on the walk. No flips flops, sandals or heels please!
A small backpack to carry water, a waterproof and any other personal belongings is recommended.
Please arrive a good ten minutes before the experience. We will start the safety briefing and walk at the given time and we are unable to wait for late arrivals.
The walk will still go ahead in light rain, however if it is very windy or heavy rain we may decide to postpone the walk for safety reasons. We will let you know the previous day if this is the case, by your given e-mail – please check this e-mail address up to 9pm on the evening prior to your booking. Please be aware that bookings are non-refundable and if we need to postpone for safety reasons you are able to choose another available date to attend.
Please let us know in advance if you have any dietary requirements and we will do our best to accommodate them.
Please read our full Terms and Conditions before booking.