Join us this December for a Festive style Alpaca Walk Experience…
Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays & Saturdays at 10.30am
- Like all our experiences, the Alpaca Orchard Walk is a private booking, for your party only. We can run this experience with a minimum of two people.
- We welcome you here to the farm and start with an introduction to our herd and a bit about Little Orchard Alpacas.
- After pairing up with your alpacas, who will be festively dressed for the occasion, we start our relaxed walk through the field and old apple orchard.
- The walk lasts for approximately an hour and there is plenty of time for us to tell you all about the alpacas, feed them some treats, and of course have some photos and alpaca selfies!
- This experience puts the emphasis on spending quality time with the alpacas and relaxing in a beautiful setting.
- Following the walk there is plenty of chance to spend time with the rest of the herd and to meet Peggy and Wilbur the mini-pigs!
- After meeting all the alpacas enjoy a hot chocolate and a homemade mince pie or spiced apple pie in our paddock side picnic area or barn alpaca grotto!
- Have a browse of our gift shop before you leave, for some Christmas gifts or a souvenir from your visit!
- The whole visit will last approximately an hour and a half.
1. Who is coming on your alpaca walk?
Minimum of Two Alpaca Walkers (ages 10+): £25 each
Observers to walk along (maximum of one per alpaca walker): £15
Children aged five to nine (must share alpaca lead with an adult): £15
For children below five we recommend our Meet the Alpacas Experience.
Please wear sturdy footwear, or wellies in wet weather and long trousers and wrap up warm!
Please note, if you are in Tier 3 location we can only accept bookings from individual households or support bubbles. If you have made a booking for several households we will need to cancel and refund, or postpone your visit.
2. When would you like to visit?
We run private alpaca walks four times a week at 10.30am, book your date using the calendar below, all available dates are shown in green.
3. Click book and look forward to your alpaca experience!
COVID-19 Policy: All bookings will be offered a full refund or a postponement where possible (valid until end of 2021), if Little Orchard Alpacas has to cancel the walk as a result of Coronavirus Pandemic government restrictions or if you are unable to attend as a result of a local-area lock down. Refunds will also be provided to those isolating with a positive Coronavirus test result.
Weather Policy: Whilst our experiences can go ahead on most rainy days, if the weather forecast is for heavy rain, storms and/or high winds we may need to postpone for safety reasons; the well-being of the alpacas and for the enjoyment of the experience itself. We are unable to provide refunds due to inclement weather. If we do need to postpone (a decision we do not take lightly) we will get in touch via your e-mail the day before your booking and will arrange a new date to suit you. If you would prefer, or if you are on holiday for a short time we will issue an experience gift voucher valid for two years.
Other Important Bits…
- All under 18’s must be accompanied by an adult. We remind families that although our alpacas are very gentle, friendly creatures, as with all animals they will react if not handled or approached correctly. Children must follow our safety briefing at the beginning of the walk.
- Please ensure you have read our full terms and conditions before booking.
- Please be aware that we run one Alpaca Orchard Walk per day and there may be limited availability during busy times such as holidays and weekends. We recommend booking your visit as in advance as possible.
- The minimum number of alpaca walkers for each experience is two, other children and observers may then be added on.
- Observers can either walk along on the walk, or choose a place to sit during the walk and then join in with meeting all the alpacas and enjoying refreshments.
- Booking an experience through the online calendar does not include a voucher. If you would like to buy this experience as a gift you can purchase a Gift Voucher here.
- Please inform us of all visitors in a party before arrival, including observers and children, to avoid disappointment on the day if maximum numbers are reached.
- If a member of your party have any special needs or requirements please let us know. We have a wheelchair access disabled toilet with baby changing facilities a short distance from the parking area.
- Babies can be brought along on the walk for free if carried by an observer. The walk is not suitable for toddlers.
- Little Orchard Alpacas has officially been accredited with the Visit Britain Covid-19 ‘We’re Good To Go’ Industry Standard. This is a quality mark awarded by VisitEngland and reassures prospective visitors to Little Orchard Alpacas that we are adhering to Government and Public Health Guidance, with regards to opening safely during the Coronavirus Pandemic.