Book Now for Autumn 2019
Alpaca Woodland Walks
From October this year join us for a unique alpaca trekking experience through the beautiful East Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty countryside.
- We welcome you here to Little Orchard Alpacas and start the experience with an introduction to our herd and a bit about us and our friendly inquisitive alpacas.
- You will team up with your alpacas and after a safety briefing we will begin the walk.
- We first take a short stroll through the 300 year old orchard, which with it’s gnarly trees and grasses has something special to offer throughout the year and is home to wild birds, rabbits, butterflies and even deer. This is a perfect chance to spend a bit of time getting to know your alpaca and vice versa!
- We will then leave the orchard behind and take a short walk down the lane and enter Shute Hill Woods.
- We will then start our mini trek by exploring the woodland footpaths and wind our way up to the highest point, The Beacon lookout point. From here there are sea views down the Axe Valley and out to the coast at Seaton and Axmouth.
- After the walk there is plenty of time to meet the rest of the herd, including the females and crias (young).
- We finish with some seasonal refreshments, all included – Hot choccy and cake! (Other hot or cold choices available) – or bring along your own picnic to enjoy at our orchard picnic area or in the alpaca barn.
Alpaca Walkers – £35
Alpaca sharers or observers (one for each alpaca walker) – £20
This experience is for ages 14 and above only.
The maximum number of alpaca walkers per group is 8. There is space for one additional person to share an alpaca lead or observe, up to a group maximum of 16.
Other Important Bits…
Throughout the year, but especially in the winter, the woodland footpaths can be wet and muddy – please wear wellies or boots you don’t mind getting muddy.
The walk will still go ahead in rain, however if it is very windy or heavy rain we may decide to postpone the walk for safety reasons. We will let you know the previous day if this is the case, by your given e-mail – please check this e-mail address up to 9pm on the evening prior to your booking. Please be aware that bookings are non-refundable and if we need to postpone for safety reasons you are able to choose another date to attend.
Please read our full Terms and Conditions before booking.