Alpaca Woodland TREK
join our fun and friendly alpacas for a unique woodland trekking experience!
Our alpacas are having a short break from the Woodland Treks until the beginning of MAY to avoid bad weather, extremely muddy paths (which the alpacas are not overly keen on!) and postponements. We are also busy halter training and familiarising our younger alpacas who will soon be joining the trekking team.
Treks already booked will still go ahead and vouchers already purchased may be redeemed, both weather permitting.
Our Alpaca Orchard Walks can still be booked onto during this period. Thank you for your understanding.
- We welcome you here to Little Orchard Alpacas and start the experience with an introduction to our herd and a bit about us and our friendly inquisitive alpacas.
- You will team up with your own alpacas, one per person and after a short safety briefing we will begin the walk.
- We start our trek by heading out of the farm and a short way down the lane into Shute Woods.
- We then take a circular route along the woodland footpaths and wind our way up to the highest point, The Beacon lookout. From here there are sea views (on a good day!) down the Axe Valley and out to the coast at Seaton and Axmouth.
- After following a few different trails and footpaths we end by walking alongside the alpaca fields and back home!
- After the walk there is time to meet the rest of the herd, including the females and crias (young).
- Finally we welcome you to warm up with some hot chocolate (or other drinks) and have a browse of our alpaca room shop with its gifts, souvenirs and alpaca goodies.
Alpaca Walkers – £35
This experience is for ages 14 and above only.
This is a group experience, however the maximum number of spaces on each walk is five – we like to keep our group sizes small and personal!
To enquire about private bookings or larger group sizes for this experience please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Important Bits…
Whilst this walk is suitable for anyone who is reasonably fit, it is difficult in places, with a few steep, rocky paths and narrow footpaths. It is not suitable for anyone with poor mobility or who relies on a walking aid.
Total length of walk is just under 2 miles and total walking time at a gentle pace, with breaks, is approx 1 hour 30 minutes. The whole experience lasts about two and a half hours.
Throughout the year, but especially in the winter, the woodland footpaths can be extremely wet and muddy – please wear wellies or sturdy boots you don’t mind getting very dirty and bring waterproofs, we are unable to return to the car park once we set out on the walk. No flips flops, sandals or heels please!
A small backpack to carry water, a waterproof and any other personal belongings is recommended.
The walk will still go ahead in light rain, however if it is very windy or heavy rain we may decide to postpone the walk for safety reasons. We will let you know the previous day if this is the case, by your given e-mail – please check this e-mail address up to 9pm on the evening prior to your booking. Please be aware that bookings are non-refundable and if we need to postpone for safety reasons you are able to choose another date to attend.
Please read our full Terms and Conditions before booking, which also contains information on what to expect when walking with alpacas!