Alpaca Woodland Trek
join our fun and friendly alpacas for a unique woodland trekking experience!
- The Woodland Trek is a private experience for your group only (minimum of two people), which runs from 1st September through to the 31st April each year and lasts up to two and a half hours in total.
- We welcome you here to Little Orchard Alpacas and start the experience with an introduction to our herd and a bit about us and our friendly inquisitive alpacas.
- You will team up with your alpaca and after some alpaca advice we will begin the walk, which lasts approximately 1.5 hours in total.
- We start our trek with a wander through the orchard to give time to get used to your new companion.
- We then head out of the farm and a short way down the lane into Shute Woods, where we take a circular route along the woodland footpaths and wind our way up to the highest point, The Beacon lookout. From here there are sea views (on a good day!) down the Axe Valley and out to the coast at Seaton and Axmouth.
- After following a few different trails and footpaths we end by walking alongside the alpaca fields and back home!
- After the walk there is time to meet the rest of the herd, including the females and young alpacas.
- We then welcome you to warm up with a hot drink and some cake, you can also have a browse of our alpaca room shop at the end for gifts and souvenirs.
Price: £40 per person
This experience is for ages 14 and above only (minimum one over 18). Please note we do not permit observers or ‘walk-alongs’ on this experience.
The minimum number of people to run this experience is two, the maximum number of spaces on each walk is five.
Please use the booking calendar below to select your preferred date and how many people will be coming.
Please read our full Terms and Conditions before booking.
For up to date information about COVID-19 changes and policies click here
Please be aware:
COVID-19 Guarantee: We will offer a postponement or a full refund if Little Orchard Alpacas has to cancel your booking as a result of a COVID-19 closure.
Weather Policy: We are unable to provide refunds due to inclement weather. Our experiences can go ahead in most weathers and we have undercover seating for your refreshments, picnics or cream teas. If we do need to postpone, due to very heavy rain, stormy weather, or extreme heat we will get in touch to arrange a new date to suit you. If you would prefer, or if you are on holiday for a short time we will issue an experience e-gift voucher valid for two years.
Other Important Bits…
- Whilst this walk is suitable for anyone who is reasonably fit, it is difficult in places, with a few steep, rocky paths and narrow footpaths. It is not suitable for anyone with poor mobility or who relies on a walking aid.
- Total length of walk is just under 2 miles and total walking time at a gentle pace, with breaks, is approx 1 hour 30 minutes. The whole experience lasts about two and a half hours.
- Throughout the year, but especially in the winter, the woodland footpaths can be extremely wet and muddy – please wear wellies or sturdy boots you don’t mind getting very dirty and bring waterproofs, we are unable to return to the car park once we set out on the walk. No flips flops, sandals or heels please!
- A small backpack to carry water, a waterproof and any other personal belongings is recommended.
- The walk will still go ahead in light rain, however if it is very windy or heavy rain we may decide to postpone the walk for safety reasons. We will let you know the previous day if this is the case, by your given e-mail – please check this e-mail address up to 9pm on the evening prior to your booking. Please be aware that bookings are non-refundable and if we need to postpone for safety reasons you are able to choose another date to attend.
- Please read our full Terms and Conditions before booking.
- Little Orchard Alpacas has officially been accredited with the Visit Britain Covid-19 ‘We’re Good To Go’ Industry Standard. This is a quality mark awarded by VisitEngland and reassures prospective visitors to Little Orchard Alpacas that we are adhering to Government and Public Health Guidance, with regards to opening safely during the Coronavirus Pandemic.