A stroll in the Orchard and a homemade Devonshire Cream Tea… with a difference!
- The Alpaca Orchard Walk and Cream Tea is a private experience, for your party or family only, which runs at 2pm from the 1st May to the 31st August.
- We welcome you here to Little Orchard Alpacas and introduce you to our alpaca boys who we will be walking with…
- After pairing up with your alpacas and a few tips on alpaca walking and safety, we start our relaxed amble through the field and old apple orchard.
- The walk lasts for approximately an hour and there is plenty of time to enjoy being up close and walking along with these amazing animals, feed them some treats, and of course have some photos and alpaca selfies! We will also share lots of information and alpaca stories as we go.
- The walk is a slow amble, suitable for most fitness levels and can be tailored to meet your needs, with the emphasis on spending quality time with these wonderful animals.
- Following the walk we will spend some time with the rest of the herd, meeting our girls and younger alpacas and Peggy and Wilbur the miniature pigs!
The Cream Tea
- We then welcome you to relax in our paddock-side picnic area for your picnic style Devonshire Cream Tea.
- We serve homemade original and fruit scones, with clotted cream and homemade strawberry jam, topped off with generous helpings of fresh berries.
- We have a selection of locally sourced teas to try along with ice cold homemade lemonade to quench your thirst after the walk.
- We also have a menu of other complimentary hot or cold drinks, plus an ice-cream menu to purchase from.
- Please let us know in advance (at least 24 hours) if you have any preferences, allergies, loves or dislikes – we are very happy to tailor the Cream Tea to your liking!
- After the Cream Tea have a browse in our gift shop ‘The Alpaca Room’ for gifts or a souvenir from your experience.
- The Alpaca Walk and Cream Tea Experience lasts up to two and half hours.
1. Who is coming on your Alpaca Walk and Cream Tea Experience?
Minimum of Two Alpaca Walkers (ages 10+): £35 each
Observers to walk along (maximum of one per alpaca walker): £30
Children aged five to nine (must share alpaca lead with an adult): £25
Young babies may be carried along on the walk free of charge with an observer.
The walk is not suitable for toddlers. For children under five we recommend our Meet the Alpacas Tour. If you would like to do the Meet the Alpacas Tour and add on a Cream Tea, it is £10 extra per person (£5 for a mini Cream Tea, one scone with jam and cream and a drink) and will also run at 2pm. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to book this option.
2. When would you like to visit?
Pick your date and preferred time using the calendar below, all available dates are shown in green.
3. Click book and look forward to your alpaca experience!
Please be aware:
COVID-19 Guarantee: We will offer a postponement or a full refund if Little Orchard Alpacas has to cancel your booking as a result of a COVID-19 closure.
Weather Policy: We are unable to provide refunds due to inclement weather. Our experiences can go ahead in most weathers and we have undercover seating for your refreshments, picnics or cream teas. If we do need to postpone, due to very heavy rain, stormy weather, or extreme heat we will get in touch to arrange a new date to suit you. If you would prefer, or if you are on holiday for a short time we will issue an experience e-gift voucher valid for two years.
Other Important Bits…
- All under 18’s must be accompanied by an adult and remain with an adult at all times. We remind families that although our alpacas are very gentle, friendly creatures, as with all animals they need to be handled and approached correctly. All visitors must follow our safety advice at all times.
- Please ensure you have read our full terms and conditions before booking.
- Please be aware that there may be limited availability during busy times such as holidays and weekends and in the summer. We recommend booking your visit as in advance as possible to avoid disappointment.
- The minimum number of alpaca walkers for each experience to run is two (one being 18+), other alpaca walkers, children and observers may then be added on.
- Observers can either walk along on the walk, or choose a place to sit during the walk and then join in with the rest of the experience, such as meeting the rest of the herd.
- Booking an experience through the online calendar does not include a voucher. If you would like to buy this experience as a gift you can purchase a Gift Voucher here.
- If a member of your party have any special needs or requirements please let us know. We have a wheelchair access disabled toilet with baby changing facilities a short distance from the parking area.
- Young babies can be brought along on the walk for free if can be carried by an observer. The walk is not suitable for toddlers.
- Little Orchard Alpacas has officially been accredited with the Visit Britain Covid-19 ‘We’re Good To Go’ Industry Standard. This is a quality mark awarded by VisitEngland and reassures prospective visitors to Little Orchard Alpacas that we are adhering to Government and Public Health Guidance, with regards to opening safely during the Coronavirus Pandemic.