A stroll in the Orchard and a Devonshire Cream Tea… with a difference!
- The Alpaca Orchard Walk and Cream Tea is a private experience, for your party or family only, which runs at 2pm from the 1st May to 30th September in 2021.
- We welcome you here to Little Orchard Alpacas and introduce you to our alpaca boys who we will be walking with.
- After pairing up with your alpacas and a few tips on alpaca walking and safety, we start our relaxed amble through the field and old apple orchard.
- The walk lasts for approximately an hour and there is plenty of time to enjoy being up close and walking along with these amazing animals, feed them some treats, and of course have some photos and alpaca selfies! We will also share lots of information and alpaca stories as we go.
- The walk is a slow amble, suitable for most fitness levels and can be tailored to meet your needs, with the emphasis on spending quality time with these wonderful animals.
- Following the walk we will spend some time with the rest of the herd, meeting our girls and younger alpacas and Peggy and Wilbur the miniature pigs!
The Cream Tea
- We then welcome you to relax in our paddock-side picnic area for your Devonshire Cream Tea served in a wicker picnic basket. You can choose one of our picnic table areas or bring your own blanket and choose a spot amongst the apple trees.
- We serve homemade original and fruit scones, with clotted cream and local jams, topped off with fresh berries.
- We have a selection of locally sourced teas to try along with ice cold homemade lemonade to quench your thirst after the walk.
- We also have a menu of hot or cold drinks plus an ice-cream menu to purchase from as an extra.
- Please let us know in advance (at least 24 hours) if you have any preferences, allergies, loves or dislikes – we are very happy to tailor the Cream Tea to your liking!
- After the Cream Tea have a browse in our gift shop ‘The Alpaca Room’ for gifts or a souvenir from your experience.
- The Alpaca Walk and Cream Tea Experience lasts up to two and half hours.
Our private Alpaca Orchard Walks with Homemade Cream Tea Vouchers are a set price of £140 for up to four people (ages 5+), with the following rules applying:
- A minimum of two alpacas must be walked on each Alpaca Walk booking.
- Ages 10+ may walk their own alpaca, children aged 5-9 must share with an adult.
- There must be a minimum of one adult aged 18+ on each walk.
- Additional Alpaca Walker vouchers are £40 each.
- Additional children aged 5-9 are £30 and observers are £35 (up to a maximum overall group size of 10).
- We have a maximum of one child/observer per alpaca walker, so the alpacas are not overwhelmed by humans!
- Please read our Terms and Conditions before booking.
- Please note all our prices include 20% VAT.
The walk is not suitable for toddlers. For children under five we recommend our Meet the Alpacas Experience. If you would like to do the Meet the Alpacas Tour and add on a Cream Tea, it is a set price of £75 for up to four people, then £15 extra for the Cream Tea per adult (or £7.50 for a Child’s Cream Tea, one scone with jam and cream and a drink). Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a voucher for this option.
Important: Please be aware due to extra high demand in voucher redeeming due to the Coronavirus situation, we are now fully booked for Summer 2021. This experience runs from 1st May to the 31st August each year. Vouchers will be valid for two years from purchase date.
For a printed voucher with an alpaca greeting card and envelope Postage and Packaging is £2.95.
Alternatively you can choose an E-Voucher to print out at home for no extra cost. This will be e-mailed to you within 24hours of purchase. Please get in touch if you need it sooner than this.