We are currently unable to run any alpaca experiences due to the National Covid-19 lockdown restrictions. We are taking bookings from 1st March onwards.
Book now for a personal and unforgettable Alpaca Orchard Walk Experience…
- Like all our experiences, the Alpaca Orchard Walk is a private booking, for your party only. We can run this experience with a minimum of two people.
- We welcome you here to the farm and start with an introduction to our herd and a bit about Little Orchard Alpacas.
- After pairing up with your alpacas and a few tips on alpaca walking, we start our relaxed walk through the field and old apple orchard.
- This lasts for approximately an hour and there is plenty of time for us to tell you all about the alpacas, feed them some treats, and of course have some photos and alpaca selfies!
- This experience puts the emphasis on spending quality time with the alpacas and relaxing in a beautiful setting. It is the perfect chance to slow down from the fast pace of life!
- Following the walk there is plenty of chance to spend time with the rest of the herd and to meet Peggy and Wilbur the mini-pigs!
- Afterwards why not browse our gift shop for a souvenir or some alpaca yarn from our herd.
- The whole experience will last up to two hours.
1. Who is coming on your alpaca walk?
Minimum of Two Alpaca Walkers (ages 10+): £25 each
Observers to walk along (maximum of one per alpaca walker): £15
Children aged five to nine (must share alpaca lead with an adult): £15
For children below five we recommend our Meet the Alpacas Experience.
2. When would you like to visit?
We offer one alpaca walk per day, pick your date and preferred time using the calendar below, all available dates are shown in green.
3. Click book and look forward to your alpaca experience!
COVID-19 Policy: We will offer a postponement with a period of two years to rebook if your experience cannot go ahead on the planned date due to Covid-19, either as a result of restrictions, lockdowns or for your own personal reasons or preferences. We are unable to offer refunds for bookings made in 2021.
Weather Policy: Whilst our experiences can go ahead on most rainy days, if the weather forecast is for heavy rain, storms and/or high winds we may need to postpone for safety reasons; the well-being of the alpacas and for the enjoyment of the experience itself. We are unable to provide refunds due to inclement weather. If we do need to postpone we will get in touch via your e-mail the day before your booking and will arrange a new date to suit you. If you would prefer, or if you are on holiday for a short time we will issue an experience gift voucher which is valid for two years.
Other Important Bits…
- All under 18’s must be accompanied by an adult. We remind families that although our alpacas are very gentle, friendly creatures, as with all animals they will react if not handled or approached correctly. Children must follow our safety briefing at the beginning of the walk.
- Please ensure you have read our full terms and conditions before booking.
- Please be aware that we run one Alpaca Orchard Walk per day and there may be limited availability during busy times such as holidays and weekends. We recommend booking your visit as in advance as possible.
- The minimum number of alpaca walkers for each experience is two, other children and observers may then be added on.
- Observers can either walk along on the walk, or choose a place to sit during the walk and then join in with the rest of the experience, such as meeting the rest of the herd.
- Booking an experience through the online calendar does not include a voucher. If you would like to buy this experience as a gift you can purchase a Gift Voucher here.
- Please inform us of all visitors in a party before arrival, including observers and children, to avoid disappointment on the day if maximum numbers are reached.
- If a member of your party have any special needs or requirements please let us know. We have a wheelchair access disabled toilet with baby changing facilities a short distance from the parking area.
- Babies can be brought along on the walk for free if carried by an observer. The walk is not suitable for toddlers.
- Little Orchard Alpacas has officially been accredited with the Visit Britain Covid-19 ‘We’re Good To Go’ Industry Standard. This is a quality mark awarded by VisitEngland and reassures prospective visitors to Little Orchard Alpacas that we are adhering to Government and Public Health Guidance, with regards to opening safely during the Coronavirus Pandemic.