A stroll in the Orchard and a Devonshire Cream Tea… with a difference!
- We welcome you here to the farm and start with an introduction to our herd and a bit about Little Orchard Alpacas.
- After pairing up with your alpacas and a few tips on alpaca walking, we start our relaxed walk through the old apple orchard.
- This lasts for approximately an hour and there is plenty of time for us to tell you all about the alpacas, feed them some treats, and of course have some photos and alpaca selfies!
- With it’s wildlife such as rabbits, birds and the occasional deer and its gnarly trees and plants, the orchard has something to offer throughout the year.
- This experience puts the emphasis on spending quality time with the alpacas, getting to know your chosen alpacas and learning about them one on one. It is the perfect chance to slow down from the fast pace of life!
- Following the walk there is plenty of chance to spend time with our females, mums and crias and learn about the birthing season.
The Cream Tea
- We will then welcome you to relax in our picnic area, set up for a beautiful Devonshire Cream Tea, with cushions and tablecloth.
- We serve homemade original and fruit scones, with clotted cream, homemade strawberry jam and blueberry compote, topped off with generous helpings of fresh berries.
- We have a selection of locally sourced teas to try along with ice cold homemade lemonade to quench your thirst after the walk.
- We also have a menu of other complimentary hot or cold drinks, plus an ice-cream menu to buy from.
- Please let us know in advance (at least 24 hours) if you have any preferences, allergies, loves or dislikes – we are very happy to tailor the Cream Tea to your liking!
- After the Cream Tea have a browse in our gift shop ‘The Alpaca Room’ for gifts or a souvenir from your experience.
- We believe small personal experiences are the best way to really get to know these amazing animals on their own terms and also make each visit completely unique and memorable!
Price (Includes VAT)
- Per Person (ages ten and over): £35
- Children aged five to nine: £20
Children under ten must be accompanied by and share an alpaca lead with an adult, during the walk confident children will have chance to lead the alpacas themselves. We remind families that although our alpacas are very gentle, friendly creatures, as with all animals they can react according to the situation and children must follow our safety briefing at the beginning of the walk and be supervised by parents to do so.
Please ensure you have read our full terms and conditions before booking, which also contains some information on what to expect when walking with alpacas!
A few other things…
- The minimum number of adult alpaca walkers for each experience is two. Observers and children must be added on as extras.
- We can accommodate most dietary requirements and requests for the Cream Tea so please just let us know at least a few days in advance if possible as everything is freshly and individually prepared for your arrival.
- If you would like to buy this experience as a gift you can purchase a Gift Voucher for two adults along with additional individual vouchers
- To book this experience for over 6 people please also get in touch to arrange a group date and time. Please note depending on the number of people booking it may be necessary to share an alpaca on the walk.
- We must be informed of all visitors in a party before arrival, including observers and children to avoid maximum numbers and disappointment on the day.
- Please note that if temperatures during the summer months are extremely high and unsuitable for the alpacas to walk, or if we have stormy weather there is either the option to postpone to an alternative date to suit you (within a year from booking), or to do our ‘Meet the Alpacas’ experience followed by the cream tea (the difference in price will be then given as gift shop credit). We are unable to offer any refunds due to the weather.