A stroll in the Orchard and a Devonshire Cream Tea… with a difference!
- This experience lasts approximately two and a half hours and is a private booking experience. This means we can go at a pace to suit you and your friends or family, answer as many questions as you can throw at us and fully enjoy every minute spent with the alpacas!
- We start by introducing you to our alpacas, give a short safety briefing and some tips on leading the alpacas.
- We then take a walk around the old apple orchard at alpaca-pace, with plenty of stops for the alpaca to enjoy thier favourite treat – apple leaves! You might even see some of our other resident wildlife while you are here, including rabbits, pheasants and wild deer.
- After the walk there is time to meet to the alpaca mums, babies (crias) and other young alpacas and even our little resident piggies!
- This is the perfect chance to learn all about these beautiful animals and how we look after them; feed them their favourite treats and take photos
- We will then welcome you to relax in our picnic area, fully set up for a beautiful Devonshire Cream Tea, with cushions and tablecloth.
- We serve homemade original and fruit scones, with clotted cream and strawberry jam, topped off with helpings of fresh berries. We have a selection of locally sourced teas to try along with ice cold homemade lemonade to quench your thirst after the walk.
Price (Includes VAT)
- Per Person (ages ten and over): £35
- Children aged five to nine: £20 – Must be accompanied by and share an alpaca lead with an adult, although confident children will be able to lead the alpacas themselves. We remind families that although our alpacas are very gentle, friendly creatures, as with all animals they can be unpredictable and children must follow our safety briefing at the beginning of the walk and supervised by parents to do so.
- Please ensure you have read our full terms and conditions before booking, which also contains some information on what to expect when walking with alpacas!
- The minimum number of adult alpaca walkers for each experience is two. Observers, non-walkers and children must be added on as extras.
- We can accommodate most dietary requirements and requests for the Cream Tea so please just let us know at least a few days in advance as everything is freshly and individually prepared for your arrival.
- If you would like to buy this experience as a gift you can purchase a Gift Voucher for two adults along with additional individual vouchers
- To book this experience for over 6 people please also get in touch to arrange a group date and time.
- Please note depending on the number of people booking it may be necessary to share an alpaca on the walk.
- We must be informed of all visitors in a party before arrival, including observers and children to avoid disappointment on the day.
- Please note that if temperatures during the summer months are extremely high and unsuitable for the alpacas to walk, or if we have stormy weather there is either the option to postpone to an alternative date to suit you (within a year from booking), or to do our ‘Meet the Alpacas’ experience and spend time with them followed by the cream tea (the difference in price will be then given as gift shop credit). We are unable to offer any refunds due to the weather.