Walk with our fun and Friendly Alpacas in an Idyllic Devon orchard setting.
The Alpaca Orchard Walk is a completely private and memorable experience which runs all year round.
The Alpaca Orchard Walk Experience
- We welcome you here to Little Orchard Alpacas and introduce you to our alpaca boys who you will be walking with.
- After pairing up with your alpacas and some tips on how best to walk with your alpaca, we start our relaxing walk through the field and old apple orchard.
- The walk part of this experience lasts for approximately an hour and there is plenty of time to enjoy being up close and walking along with these amazing animals, feed them some treats, and of course have some photos and alpaca selfies! We will also share lots of information and alpaca stories as we go.
- The walk is a slow wander (at alpaca speed!), suitable for most fitness levels and can be tailored to meet your needs, with the emphasis on spending quality time and relaxing with these wonderful animals.
- Following the walk we can spend some time with the rest of the herd, meeting our girls and younger alpacas and Peggy and Wilbur the pigs!
- Afterwards we welcome you to enjoy a complimentary hot or cold drink and a slice of homemade cake, alongside the alpaca paddock if the weather is nice. You are also welcome to bring your own picnic.
- We also have a gift shop full of alpaca treasures to browse for a souvenir or gift from your visit.
- The whole experience lasts up to two hours including time for the refreshments.
Festive Alpaca Orchard Walks!
- Throughout December all our experiences become a little extra bit festive!
- Our alpacas will be wearing their best Christmassy halters and neck scarves for the walk.
- For the refreshments we promise something with a Christmassy touch (think Yule Cake, Festive Apple Pies and Spiced Hot Chocolates, plus all the usual drink options!).
- Our shop The Alpaca Room will be warm and inviting with Christmas Decorations and plenty of Alpaca Gift Inspiration!
- Finally all visitors in December will receive a little thank you Christmas present from us to you.
1. Who is coming on your alpaca walk?
Our private Alpaca Orchard Walks start at a set price of £95 for up to four people (ages 5+), additional individual people may then be added on.
- Our Alpaca Orchard Walks can run for a minimum of one alpaca walker to a maximum of 8 alpacas being walked. (Observers may also be added).
- Ages 10+ may walk their own alpaca, with a minimum of one adult aged 18+ on each walk. Ages 5-9 must share an alpaca with an adult.
- Additional Alpaca Walkers: £25 each.
- Additional children ages 5-9 or observers: £20 each.
- Maximum of one child/observer per alpaca walker, so the alpacas are not overwhelmed by humans!
- Please read our Terms and Conditions before booking.
For children below five we recommend our Meet the Alpacas Experience.
2. When would you like to visit?
Pick your date and preferred time using the calendar below, all available dates are shown in green.
3. Click book and look forward to your alpaca experience!
Before booking please be aware:
COVID-19 Guarantee: We will offer a postponement or a full refund if Little Orchard Alpacas has to cancel your booking as a result of a COVID-19 closure.
Weather Policy: We are unable to provide refunds due to inclement weather. Our experiences can go ahead in most weathers and we have undercover seating for your refreshments, picnics or cream teas. If we do need to postpone, due to very heavy rain and stormy weather, or extreme heat (temperatures greater than 25 degrees are unsuitable for our alpacas to be walked on halters and we follow this strictly, for their wellbeing) we will get in touch to arrange a new date or time to suit you or provide an alternative experience. If you would prefer, or if you are on holiday for a short time we will issue an experience e-gift voucher valid for two years.
** Important changes to booking availability for 2022 **
Due to a change in personal circumstances the following changes for 2021/2022 will be taking place:
1st January – 30th April 2022: Little Orchard Alpacas will be closed for ALL Bookings.
1st May – 31st August 2022: We will be accepting bookings for existing vouchers (Bought before December 31st 2021) only.
Other Important Bits…
- All under 18’s must be accompanied by an adult and remain with an adult at all times. We remind families that although our alpacas are very gentle, friendly creatures, as with all animals they need to be handled and approached correctly. Visitors must follow our safety advice at all times.
- Please ensure you have read our full terms and conditions before booking.
- Please be aware that there may be limited availability during busy times such as holidays and weekends and in the summer. We recommend booking your visit as in advance as possible to avoid disappointment.
- Observers can either walk along on the walk, or choose a place to sit during the walk and then join in with the rest of the experience, such as meeting the rest of the herd.
- Booking an experience through the online calendar does not include a voucher. If you would like to buy this experience as a gift you can purchase a Gift Voucher here.
- If a member of your party have any special needs or requirements please let us know and we can discuss your needs. We have a wheelchair access disabled toilet with baby changing facilities a short distance from the parking area.
- Young babies can be brought along on the walk for free provided they are carried by an observer. The walk is not suitable for toddlers.
- Little Orchard Alpacas has officially been accredited with the Visit Britain Covid-19 ‘We’re Good To Go’ Industry Standard. This is a quality mark awarded by VisitEngland and reassures prospective visitors to Little Orchard Alpacas that we are adhering to Government and Public Health Guidance, with regards to opening safely during the Coronavirus Pandemic.