Camelid Care Services and Alpaca Sitting
Whether you just need an extra pair of hands to help with your alpaca husbandry or if you would like it fully taken care of, we can provide assistance at a reasonable rate
We are wife and husband team, Vic and Rich and we have been breeding alpacas since 2016 on our small farm in East Devon. We are now offering our services to other breeders or pet owners in the South West and can assist with all aspects of routine alpaca care, either just Vic or as a pair!
We are trained in Camelidynamics, efficient handling techniques, and always prioritise the well-being of our alpacas throughout any husbandry task.
Our services include, but are not limited to:
- General handling help, for example during shearing days or herd health days.
- Toenail clipping and feet checks
- Body Condition Scoring
- Weighing (Scales can be provided)
- Administering drenches or vitamin injections (provided by client)
- FAMACHA (Mucous membrane checks)
- Cria health and neonatal care
- Halter training
- General Farm labour
- Handling or assistance at events or shows
- Administration and health records
- Risk assessments, Policies and Procedures or Farm Emergency Plans (Vic is qualified in Emergency and Risk Planning)
- Preparation for Welfare License Inspection – having worked with our local council to help set a standard for alpaca care we received our license in 2019.
Alpaca and Farm Sitting
Whether you are at a show or event, or have just planned a well deserved break, please get in touch to discuss how we can care for your herd and home whilst you are away. Cost will depend on herd size, travel distance and length of stay.
Cost (Not including VAT)
For general husbandry and care tasks:
£20 per hour for Vic’s services – generous discount for full days or regular help.
£35 per hour for Vic and Rich (availability on summer evenings and weekends throughout the year, weekdays may be possible with advance notice).
We offer free travel within the local area of Devon, Somerset and Dorset.
There will be an additional charge for travelling further afield, depending on time, distance and accommodation requirements.
Locations further than an hour away there is a minimum charge of three hours work.