Alpaca Woodland Trek
Join our fun and friendly alpacas for a unique woodland trekking experience, then warm up afterwards with a well earned hot chocolate!
This experience runs on weekdays only from the 1st September to April 30th (outside of school holidays) – E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to book
- We welcome you here to Little Orchard Alpacas and start the experience with an introduction to our herd and a bit about us and our friendly inquisitive alpacas.
- You will team up with your alpacas and after a short safety chat we will begin the walk.
- We first take a short stroll through the 300 year old orchard, which with it’s gnarly trees and grasses has something special to offer throughout the year and is home to wild birds, rabbits, butterflies and even deer. This is a perfect chance to spend a bit of time getting to know your alpaca and vice versa!
- We will then leave the orchard behind and take a short walk down the lane and enter Shute Hill Woods.
- We will then start our mini trek by exploring the woodland footpaths and wind our way up to the highest point, The Beacon lookout point. From here there are sea views (on a good day!) down the Axe Valley and out to the coast at Seaton and Axmouth. The rest of the walk takes up through the woodland and provides plenty of stopping points for photos and little breaks.
- After the walk there is plenty of time to meet the rest of the herd, including the females and crias (young).
- We finish with some warming hot chocolate (or other hot or cold drinks).
Voucher for Two Alpaca Walkers each with their own alpaca to lead: £70
This experience is for ages 16 and above only (minimum one over 18).
The maximum number of spaces on each walk is five – we like to keep our group sizes small and personal!
E-mail email@example.com to arrange a date and book.
Other Important Bits…
This experience runs from 1st September to the 30th April each year when the woods are quieter with less dog walkers. Vouchers will be valid for a year from purchase date and therefore redeemable within the eight months the experience runs.
Whilst this walk is suitable for anyone who is reasonably fit, it is difficult in places, with a few steep, rocky paths and narrow footpaths. It is not suitable for anyone with poor mobility or who relies on a walking aid.
Total length of walk is 2 miles and total walking time at a gentle pace, with breaks, is approx 80 minutes. The whole experience lasts about 2 and a half hours.
The woodland footpaths can be extremely wet and muddy – please wear wellies or sturdy boots you don’t mind getting very dirty and bring waterproofs, we are unable to return to the car park once we set out on the walk. No flips flops, sandals or heels please!
A small backpack to carry water, a waterproof and any other personal belongings is recommended.
The walk will still go ahead in normal rain, however if it is very windy or torrential rain we may decide to postpone the walk for safety reasons. We will let you know the previous day if this is the case. Please check your e-mail address up to 9pm on the evening prior to your booking. Please be aware that bookings are non-refundable and if we need to postpone for safety reasons we will arrange a alternative date to suit you.
Please read our full Terms and Conditions before booking.